To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at this company!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an efficient and experienced NDT Engineer to join our Pipeline Production Department (PPD) in The Hague, the Netherlands. This Department is responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing (NDT) and field joint coating. The NDT Engineer ensures that all NDT activities are timely and economically prepared to support the vessels in accordance with project requirements. The NDT Engineer reports directly to the Unit Head NDT.
- Identify, develop and qualify the NDT methods necessary to produce the pipelines and their appurtenances, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project;
- Provide technical input and cost estimates for NDT methods, equipment and consumables required for project preparations and production;
- Review the NDT services, including but not limited to pre-qualification, performance, quality audits and technical presentations;
- Monitor the daily progress of ongoing production on board vessels and/or at work sites and, where necessary, intervene to resolve any NDT related issues;
- Consult with subcontractors on the feasibility of project specific NDT techniques, standards and specifications to develop the most productive and cost-effective outcome;
- Evaluate and manage the maintenance, repair and supply of NDT equipment and consumables for projects, liaising with suppliers, contractors and project teams;
- Monitor and improve performance for inspection and NDT services, ensuring that assigned projects are managed in accordance with applicable company, environmental and safety procedures;
- Provide technical support to managers regarding status of NDT services for future projects and identify areas of improvement within the PPD.
What we expect from you
- Minimum MTS level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Be able to communicate on different levels in the organisation;
- Experience with NDT in the offshore/petrochemical industry;
- Willing to work offshore and abroad occasionally;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken.